Mike Kolasa, J.D., LL.M., CFP®, CTFA, CAP
Vice President & Trust Officer
CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™
Certified Trust & Fiduciary Advisor
Marquette Trust & Investment Services
In April 2012, Mike opened the Marquette Trust & Investment Services Office. He has been in the financial and legal services fields since 1994 and has been licensed to practice law in Michigan since 1993. As a Marquette area resident for the majority of his life, his primary focus is on financial, tax, and estate planning and account investment management for clients in Upper Michigan and beyond.
His professional experience also includes presently serving as an Adjunct Professor at Michigan Technological University. He has also taught previously at Northern Michigan University and at the Cannon Financial Institute.
Mike's personal motto would be "love your family and friends full-on, every day, keep learning while you do it, and don't leak energy to things you can't control." People may be surprised to learn that while Mike loves to impart practical knowledge to young people through his teaching at Michigan Tech University, he is also a student at Northern Michigan University, earning his bachelor's degree in Spanish.
- LL.M., Master of Laws in Taxation from Wayne State University Law School
- J.D., Thomas Cooley Law School
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™
- Certified Trust & Fiduciary Advisor (CTFA)
- Chartered Advisor of Philanthropy (CAP)
- B.S. degree from Northern Michigan University
- Undergraduate Studies: Lake Superior State University and the United States Military Academy at West Point