Our History

The Stephenson National Bank & Trust was incorporated by Isaac Stephenson, as Stephenson Banking Company, on October 30, 1874 with assets totaling $25,000. Later, in 1889, the Banking Company received a federal charter and became The Stephenson National Bank.


The next major change for the bank came in 1973, when L. W. Staudenmaier applied for trust services and the bank’s name was changed to The Stephenson National Bank & Trust. In 1979, Mary L. Staudenmaier became the first woman president of the bank.


In 1998, the bank began branch expansion, the first Branch opened inside Angeli's County Market, followed by a branch in Oconto in 2002 and another on 10th Street in Menominee that year. 


Since 1874, when Isaac Stephenson formed the bank, there have only been nine bank presidents. During that time we have witnessed tremendous growth.

President ............................ Year ................ Assets

Isaac Stephenson ...................... 1874-1884 ........... $25,000

Augustus C. Brown ................... 1884-1890 ........... No Records Available

Isaac Stephenson ...................... 1890-1898 ........... No Records Available

John A. Van Cleve ..................... 1898-1920 ........... $1.034 million (1899)

Harry J. Brown ............................ 1920-1938 ........... $2.446 million (1938)

Harry L. Haslanger .................... 1938-1952 ........... $5.735 million (1952)

Frank J. Lauerman, Jr. ............. 1952-1959 ........... $6.971 million (1959)

Louis W. Staudenmaier............ 1959-1979 ............ $32.243 million (1979)

Mary L. Staudenmaier .............. 1979-2000 .......... $146.945 million (2000)

John K. Reinke ........................... 2000-2013 .......... $299.739 million (2012)

Daniel J. Peterson .................... 2013-Present ....... $299.739 million (2012)


Our Timeline