1874 – Isaac Stephenson, J.W.P. Lombard, Samuel Stephenson, Robert Stephenson, and Augustus Spies signed the charter creating the Stephenson Banking company the first bank in the area. The five gentlemen pooled a total of $25,000 to form the capital base of the bank. The bank opened for business at 1910 Hall Avenue, Marinette.
1882 – Isaac Stephenson was elected to the first of his three terms to the House of Representatives.
1884 – Augusts C. Brown becomes president of the Stephenson Banking Company.
1887 – The once small unincorporated Village of Marinette received its charter as the City of Marinette.
1889 – The Stephenson Banking Company received a federal charter and became the Stephenson National Bank.
1890 – Isaac Stephenson returns as the president of the Stephenson National Bank.
1898 – John A. Van Cleve becomes the president of the Stephenson National Bank.
1900 – A new, modern facility is built at 1818 Hall Avenue on property formerly occupied by Hogan Shoe Store and the Colburn & Burlingame Grocery Store.
1907 – Isaac Stephenson is elected to fill out a term of office in the U.S. Senate and was subsequently re-elected for one term. No other resident of the community before or since attained such high office.
1920 – Harry J. Brown becomes president of the Stephenson National Bank.
1929 – A stock market crash marks the beginning of the Great Depression. During which time, the bank never closed it’s doors.
1938 – Harry L. Haslanger becomes president of the Stephenson National Bank.
1952 – Frank J. Lauerman, Jr. becomes president of the Stephenson National Bank.
1959 – Louis W. Staudenmaier becomes president of the Stephenson National Bank.
1969 – The new addition and renovation of the 1900 building are completed.
1973 – The Stephenson National Bank is granted fiduciary powers.
1978 – The Bank’s name is changed from The Stephenson National Bank of Marinette to The Stephenson National Bank and Trust.
1979 – Mary L. Staudenmaier becomes first woman president of The Stephenson National Bank and Trust.
1980 – Louis W. Staudenmaier died October 12 having spent the last thirty years in directing and managing the bank through asset growth of 600%. During his tenure, he was also committed to bringing ownership of the bank stock back to local control.
1982 – The bank library and additions to the employee’s lounge and the vault are completed.
1984 – Stephenson National Bancorp, Inc., a one bank holding company, is formed.
1991 – The bank’s remote drive-up facility is completed.
1992 – A major renovation of the bank begins.
1998 – Branch expansion begins - The first Branch is opened within the area’s largest supermarket, Angeli’s County Market, in Menominee, Michigan.
2000 – John K. Reinke becomes president of The Stephenson National Bank & Trust.
2001 – On June 29, Comptroller of the Currency grants approval to establish a branch in Oconto. On September 4, the branch opens in a mobile facility.
2002 – In June the bank’s Oconto office moves to newly completed building.
2002 – The bank’s third branch opens at 1111 10th Street, Menominee, Michigan.
2005 - Groundbreaking on August 9th for bank's expansion and renovation project at the Hall Avenue bank location.
2005 - On December 9th SNBT acquires Associated Bank in Oconto
2006 - Ribbon Cutting and Time Capsule Dedication on July 10th
2008 - Consolidation of Angeli's Supermarket Branch into Menominee Tenth Street office. Expanding the hours of that location and ultimately closing the Angeli's Branch.
2012 - SNBT Announces the opening of its Marquette Trust & Investment Services Office in Marquette, Michigan.
2013 - Daniel J. Peterson becomes president of The Stephenson National Bank & Trust.