- Turn your Debit Card ON and OFF
- Set locations where the card can be used
- Restrict transactions based on merchant type
- Establish transaction limits by amount
- Receive alerts for all or specific transaction types
Watch our CardValet tutorial - how to set up usage restrictions, receive alerts when a restricted card is used, and manage which Debit Card is active. After finishing the short video, visit your phone’s App Store to download CardValet.
Pick your own PIN for Debit & ATM Cards!
- Change your own Personal Identification Number (PIN) without the hassle of coming into the bank! Call 1-800-992-3808 anytime 24/7, from any phone.
- Allows you to activate your unique PIN when you receive a new card in the mail, plus you can change your PIN at any time.
- The sophisticated security prompts you to answer identifying questions allowing only you to make PIN changes.
- Select a PIN that you'll remember, but don't make it easy for others to guess. Avoid using combinations such as '0000' or '1234' or the last four digits of your Social Security Number.
Always keep your PIN and Passwords secure. NEVER give them to anyone. Though we may send periodic emails about eBanking enhancements and other bank news, we will NEVER call or send emails requesting you to “verify” your personal information. If you receive a suspicious email or phone call claiming to be from us, do not hesitate to contact SNBT to confirm its validity.
Making purchases with your Debit Card is easy!
Enjoy these Benefits:
- Manage and protect your card by downloading the CardValet App so you know how, when, and where your card is used. Watch the CardValet tutorial.
- Receive enhanced security with our Chip Card.
- Read the Facts: Chip Card payments, security that works
- Access your money at ATMs, merchants, or online.
- Purchases are automatically deducted from your checking account.
- Track your spending with Bank Online, Bankline, Mobile Banking
- Save money by reducing the number of paper checks used each month.
- Earn Debit Rewards each month with the Your Choice Rewards Account.
- Mastercard® SecureCode™ - If you have a Debit Mastercard, this service protects your cards when shopping online.
- If your card gets lost or stolen, notify SNBT immediately. Call this number for lost, found, or stolen Debit Cards: 800-472-3272
- Your Debit Card is monitored for potential fraud using Fraud Detective.
- If you would like to change your daily limit, or plan to make a large purchase, please call SNBT at 715-732-1732.
Learn the difference between PIN and Signature
At most merchants you can choose to sign the receipt instead of using your PIN, ask the cashier to guide you.
- Limit of $3,000 over a rolling 3 day period
- For merchant transactions, simply choose “credit” and you will sign the keypad or printed receipt.
- Merchants will send us the purchase total for authorization. This amount is placed on hold and removed from your available balance immediately. The hold is released after approximately 72 hours or when the transaction clears, whichever comes first.
- Simply punch in your PIN on the keypad
- Daily limit of $510 in a 24 hour period
- Allows you to receive cash back
- No fee to receive cash back from merchant purchases
- The funds are deducted from your account immediately
Be careful: If you re-try a declined transaction multiple times it may cause your card to become locked and unable to be used for any transaction. Call us to have the lock-out removed at 715-732-1732.
Reasons your Debit Card could be Declined
- Your transaction is over the daily limit— Using your PIN on a transaction that exceeds $510 at a merchant or ATM. To avoid this, choose “credit” and sign the receipt, when you complete a signature-based transaction your daily limit is higher.
- Your purchase may overdraw your account— Due to Federal regulations, we may not be able to process a Debit Card transaction that would cause your account to become overdrawn. Contact our Customer Support Department to Opt In to allow these transactions to complete.
- The merchant has a pre-determined transaction amount— For example, when paying at the gas pump, the gas station may automatically hold $100 before gas is pumped, once the transaction is complete, that money is released and you are charged only for the amount of your gas purchase.
- Your transactions have been flagged as suspicious by Fraud Detective because they may be outside your ‘normal’ Debit Card usage patterns. Learn more about Fraud Detective.
Tips to Avoid Denied ATM or Debit Card Transactions
- Monitor your balance using: Bank Online, Mobile Banking, Bankline, and eStatements.
- Keep your check register up-to-date and be sure to deduct all withdrawals — including recurring automatic bill payments, ATM transactions, bank fees, Debit Card purchases, and online payments.
- Remember that the balance on your ATM receipt, Bank Online, or Bankline may not reflect some outstanding transactions.
- Notify SNBT before you plan on traveling and be sure we have your current daytime phone number, particularly your cell phone number to ensure you can be contacted.
- Keep extra money in your account just to be safe.
- Promptly compare your check register and your bank statement to look for errors or unauthorized transactions.
- Be aware that each transaction may be presented to an account at different times.
Perfect if you don’t need a Debit Card, but want the convenience of accessing cash by ATM.
Enjoy these Benefits:
- There is no charge for this service.
- Get money where and when it’s needed.
- Safer than carrying large sums of cash.
- Earn ATM Rewards each month with the Your Choice Rewards Account.
- Your ATM Card is monitored for potential fraud using Fraud Detective.
- If your card gets lost or stolen, notify SNBT immediately.
- Call this number for lost, found, or stolen ATM Cards: 800-472-3272
Be careful: If you re-try your PIN multiple times it may cause your card to become locked and unable to be used for any transaction. Call us to have the lock-out removed at 715-732-1732.
Always keep your Passwords and PINs secure. NEVER give them to anyone. Though we may send periodic emails about eBanking enhancements and other bank news, we will NEVER call or send emails requesting you to “verify” your personal information. If you receive a suspicious email or phone call claiming to be from us, do not hesitate to contact SNBT to confirm its validity.